founder, consultant, school IT expert, software developer, Debian Developer
Fre(i)e Software GmbH has been founded by Mike Gabriel in 2020, as a professional platform for exclusively contributing to the Free & Libre Open Source ecosystem on enterprise business level. »Everything we do is Open Source, we are not available for less.«
Mike has been working as an Open Source IT consultant for over 20 years via his personal business DAS-NETZWERKTEAM. Mike has long-term experience as an integrator, developer and distribution maintainer of Free Software.
Meet the Team
All team members have a clear standing for the benefit of Free Software. Before entering the company most of them already have been active members of the Open Source community.
People in our team can offer a wide range of qualified expertise in areas such as system administration and system integration, web development, development of desktop and mobile applications, etc.
web development, Ubuntu Touch developer, GDPR expertise
System Architect, Problem Solver, Game Changer, Digitizer since 1995
Debian Developer, Python and Django developer, free software mentor, system administrator for school and business IT solutions
Debian Developer, Debian LTS contributor
i18n (Ukrainian and Russian) Software Translator, System Administrator (MS Windows)
software developer, Debian Edu sysadmin, sysadmin for company IT
- Raphael Hertzog’s French busines Freexian S.A.R.L. organizes the long term support of the Debian GNU/Linux distribution. The Debian LTS project, founded by Raphael and others, provides the foundation for the upcoming Debian Enterprise initiative.
- Linuxavdelingen AS
- GNU/Linux IT service provider located in the area of Oslo (Norway) with a
wide-ranging expertise on public administration IT environments and
demandings of a proper school IT setup.
„If you need someone who really knows, what support questions a Linux user might have, book us. For most support requests, we must say: We have been there, we have done that.“ (Klaus Ade Johnstad, CEO Linuxavdelingen AS)
- Logo EDV-Systeme GmbH
- Our local hardware partner from day one and still so after 20 years of
being in the IT business. Whenever new devices and gadgets are needed,
be it notebooks, desktop computers, rack servers, Logo EDV-Systeme GmbH
are the first people we ring up. At the same time, we closely cooperate with
Logo EDV-Systeme GmbH, whenever we need deeper insights into Microsoft products.
Highly recommended (but for privileged partners only) is the delicious Espresso brewed on a camping gas cooker and served by their CEO personally in the backyard of their business facilities.
- Open Remote Computing Association (orca) e.V.
- German NGO providing shelter for various Remote (Desktop) Computing projects, such as X2Go, FreeRDP, Ogon Remote Desktop, etc.
- Teckids e.V.
- German NGO focusing on »Free Software and Education«. Currently, Teckids e.V. is the official first contact address to the Debian Edu / Skolelinux team for schools in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- UBports Foundation
- The UBports Foundation is the organizational entity behind the ,,Ubuntu Touch'' mobile operating system. Via the UBports Foundation several developers world-wide get contracted continuously to work on Ubuntu Touch and on Lomiri (formerly known as Unity8), the Operating Environment powering Ubuntu Touch.
- velocitux UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
- Professional, green IT Open Source support on two wheels. Cooperation partner for school IT operators, esp. Debian Edu and AlekSIS®, located in the southern region of North Rhine-Westfalia, Germany.